Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Creative Assignment #3


When it comes to friends, I had a few different ideas come to my mind.

I thought of roommates.

I thought of coworkers.

Mentors.

Teachers.

Pets.

But it was clear who has been the best friend to me.

My wife, Lindsay.

I asked her to pose for this picture in the kitchen because she loves to cook and to decorate. She was super proud with our little apartment and how she decorated it. But in addition to her abilities to cook and design, she's a great friend and my inspiration for this assignment. I decided to compile a list of 10 reasons she is a good friend and why she represents what a good friend should be:

1. It's both easy and not easy to be here friend. This is how being a friend should be. It should feel natural and fun, but should also require effort on your part. It shouldn't be passive.

2. We share interests and we don't share interests. This allows us to enjoy things together, and also respect each other's differences.

3. She's a team player. Team work makes the dream work.

4. She lets me know she cares. It's one thing to say you care about someone. It's more important to let that person actually feel cared. Good friends do just that.

5. She's funny. Friends need to be able to laugh together. It bonds you through experience and laughter makes tough times easier. Good friends make each other laugh.

6. She communicates--this is important because it's how you get to know the other person. Whatever communication style it may be, the ability to communicate is what makes friends.

7. She keeps growing and helps me grow--friends change and adapt. We are not static creatures, but constantly growing. Good friends should expect change.

8. We spend time together and we spend time alone. It's important to do things together, but it is also important to give each other space. We need time for ourselves and good friends respect that.

9. She listens--good friends listen. It's that simple. They don't always have to solve each other's problems, but the do need to listen.

10. She loves me--love is what makes good friends better. Gotta have that love!

No comments:

Post a Comment