Monday, May 6, 2019

Blog Post 1: Rachel Burke

My friend threw a Bad Art Night a month or so ago inspired by this woman! She's a designer and photographer but she's most famous for her craftiness. She makes everything from huge (purposeless) pompoms to jackets that Miley Cyrus is obsessed with. She's really interesting to me because I don't really do crafts with my hands very often. So expressing creativity through creating physical objects that aren't books, posters, films, or even something with any specific use is fascinating. There is something really whimsical and fun about her creative style. I thought this article where she goes through her daily routine was interesting how integrated her creativity was weaved into her schedule. At the point of the day where I would probably be pulling the front pieces of my hair in a little bun to be kept out of my face, she's doing a "big hairdo"--and that says something about her, her style, and her life.



https://extraordinaryroutines.com/rachel-burke


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a lot of the artistic process requires you to be "unapologetic" towards what you produce. When you show this confidence in what you decide to make, people follow suit. It shows the power in presentation and expression, how we choose to associate a part of ourselves with the piece we make.

    ReplyDelete