Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Creative Assignment #3


I wrote down a list of 10 things my friends do that I love. The first thing I wrote was:

"I love friends who force me to finish my own sentences"

and I immediately thought of Matt Brunken. He never lets me get away with trailing off of an idea I'm too embarrassed or nervous to express. He always gets it out of me because he's genuinely interested in what I'm thinking and feeling. For me, this is a perfect example of a real friend. I'm not the best at verbally expressing my thoughts so a real friend is someone who knows me well enough that they probably could finish all of my sentences. However, they don't because that could mean one less opportunity to hear a friend's perspective.


When I think of Matt, I think of him climbing, hiking, or skiing in the mountains. He loves the mountains so much that when he talks about his time spent in nature, he'll refer to it as time spent at church. I initially wanted to get a picture of Matt totally in his element in the mountains but then I realized a couple of things. First, I already have a few of those. Second, I actually spend more time with Matt out of his element and I probably have fewer pictures of him doing the normal everyday stuff that I see all of the time. So I took a picture of him just talking, laughing, and kind of doing nothing--the other norm hahaha.

Anyways. Some other things from my list!
- I love friends who can ask "how are you?" sincerely
- I love friends who remind me  of my siblings
- I love friends who joke all the way up to the brink of emotional damage but never get there because it's all just too funny
- I love friends who don't include the venting version of a friend in they're total perception of a friend
- I love friends who've known me longer than I've known myself
- I love friends where amounts of time spent together or communication had has basically no effect on the quality of friendship

No comments:

Post a Comment