Sunday, February 7, 2016

Gestalt- What can I make with SHAPES?



For this project, I first used the principle of similarity to create my initial figures. All of the shapes in the tree are blocks and so we perceive them as being part of the same whole, while the car is made up of circles, so we perceive that as a separate object from the tree. Because the orange circle, is a circle, we perceive it more as part of the car than the the tree.

The second principle I used is continuation. The big orange dot in the top right hand corner draws your attention first and then the dots move the eye from the top of the tree and into the car. It is a little more subtle, but I also used this idea of continuation and had the orange dot follow a path through the tree and trunk that I initially made by making the path a slightly different color than the whole. These two things work together to lead the eye through the entire picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment