Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Blog Post #4

I recently finished an amazing book called "The Best Story Wins: How to Leverage Hollywood Storytelling in Business and Beyond" by Matt Luhn. It's a pitch-perfect book for my career ambitions. Luhn chronicles his experience as an animator-turned-writer at Pixar and how he learned that in business and beyond, storytelling is all that really matters.
Unlike a lot of other experts, Luhn didn't just stick with one area of expertise. He detailed the importance of storytelling in branding (for business) and for telling stories in film, books, and other mediums (for creatives). Like my own educational path, it was a fusion of the analytical with the creative. I loved it.
I feel that moving forward with my passion project, writing these short stories to work my creative muscles, I can apply what I learned in this book in an effective way. I can pay special attention to crafting memorable, authentic characters and make them to center of my stories. And this can then translate into my more analytical PR tasks. I can take the information I have to write about and turn it into more of a story, capturing my audience in a way that appeals to them and their desire for good stories. The possibilities are endless, but I feel that this book helped me to further my creative passions in a new and exciting way.

The Best Story Wins: How to Leverage Hollywood Storytelling in Business and Beyond

No comments:

Post a Comment