Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Creativity


For this assignment, I decided to paint this unrealistic island scenery because I was experimenting with different paint color combinations. This isn't my best work, but I had fun using extra paint to add some texture to this piece. The main elements that I want to focus on is the use of different shades of blue for the ocean. I wanted to go from a darker shade of blue to a lighter shade of blue. Instead of using one shade of blue because I felt that would be bland and boring. I thought it would be fun to change up with color of the ocean. I painted the sky this funky purple color because I liked the color combination of mixing up a few shades of purple and added a tint of red. I have always enjoyed painting because it helps me relax and it clears my mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment