Tuesday, May 6, 2014

M's Creative Idea

For my creative activity/idea/whatever, I used every celebrity look-alike anyone has ever told me to recreate my face with Photoshop. I used Tom Cruise’s brow and eyes, because a bus driver refused to call me anything but “Tom-Cruise-look-alike” last semester (I guess I have crazy-scientology eyes). I used Reese Witherspoon’s butt-chin, Kristen Bell’s jaw, Rapunzel’s hair, and a few other celebrity’s features. I’m not saying all of these celebrity look-alikes were very accurate—and they certainly weren’t all very nice.

The end result was horrifying. And hilarious. And flattering. My face cannot be justly recreated with all of these bits and pieces (eww…morbid) of “beautiful” people. I like that. Granted, my failure to recreate my own face was probably due to my complete inability to use Photoshop correctly. Despite all that, the process of creating this hacked-up image was fun, entertaining and in-the-moment, which is what we decided creativity was all about!

(I'm not including a picture of this particular piece because I don't want to break your computers and cellular devices. You're welcome.)

No comments:

Post a Comment