Sunday, May 11, 2014

Do Something Creative - Marcel the Shell

For a few weeks, my wife and I have tried to think about what to get my Mom for Mother's Day, but we had a lot of trouble coming up with something good. We asked my Dad for suggestions, but he didn't have any ideas either. Finally, we thought to make a little Marcel the Shell to give her. Since my Mom's name is Marcelle, and we had shown my family the hilarious videos, we thought this was an excellent, creative idea for a Mother's Day gift. We got most of the supplies from a craft store - shells, paint, little googly eyes, etc., but Marcel's shoes came from an action figure we got at DI. Although the act of making an exact replica of someone else's original character may not be considered creative, I believe the idea of giving something I made as a Mother's Day gift instead of a plant or a card is absolutely creative, especially since it's not something I would normally do. Here are some pictures of the process and the finished project:




And if you haven't seen the videos (or if you have and just want a good, wholesome laugh), take a few minutes for yourself and enjoy:



No comments:

Post a Comment