Saturday, May 17, 2014

Pepsi-Yang

I've never had a hobby of looking into things for deeper meaning or symbolism.  I've really enjoyed trying to understand symbols and images and pictures more, even those things that we observe in our everyday life.  I searched logos in Google to try and find a logo that I never realized had a deeper semiotic meaning and connotation.  That's when I found the Pepsi logo.  It looks a lot like a Yin-Yang.  There is the diagonal squiggly line separating the two colors.  I don't think this was on accident.  They were probably trying to connote perfection and harmony in their ingredients and/or taste.  I don't think the color picking was on accident either.  I never noticed they were red white and blue, sound familiar?  Connoting a patriotic drink, a drink for the American people, their main public obviously when the logo was created.  Even the font gives off a a certain connotation of professional but relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment