Monday, May 20, 2019

Creative Blogpost 3: Instagram & Design

My sisters reminded me via pictures sent in our family groupchat that today was my parents anniversary. Each sent an old photo of my parents from their younger years in commemoration. I too wanted to send a similar photo, but in my own style. I took a photo of them I had saved and tried running it through InDesign. After several different attempts at trying to make the photo something more than it was, I gave up. I began to think maybe I am not a design-minded person like my younger sister, and I should stick to copywriting. And then I had an idea. My friend Ryan Schade, who had graduated from the program a while back, always found ways to make his Instagram stories fun & creative by utilizing its features. I decided that if he, a copywriter, could use instagram for design purposes, why couldn't I? I ran the photo through a instagram collage app and then I just let my mind play around with the possibilities instagram had to offer. Eventually, I came up with this as my end result.


To any content creator or art director, it doesn't seem like much, but to me, I am proud of myself for doing something simple yet creative. Instagram enabled me to take a creative vision and turn it into a piece of work I can proudly put my name on. It is, at times, the creative outlets we least expect that give us the creative freedom we desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment