Saturday, January 20, 2018

Creativity 2 - Wander Aimlessly

Documentation of my Creative 2 Project, Wandering Aimlessly, using photos, a poem, and items I gathered during my walk.

A Story of Fragments

Today I wandered aimlessly.
It was
The bravest thing I have done
In a long time.


Brave? 
Yes, it was brave, at least for me, 
To leave behind the safety of schedules and plans,
Abandoning rules and plots lines
In exchange for timelessness,
fragments,
Stories with beginnings but no ends.



Aimless.



It all started with an arrow
That pointed to somewhere and nowhere
At the same time.  


Then to a tower reminiscent of childhood fairy-tales,
Sequestered girls with lengthy locks
Locked away from the eyes of the world. 
I find a note tucked in the wall and take it out.


Julio, 369, was here.



Down an alley now
Past what was once a window covered in dust
But has now become a canvas
For novice street artists. 


Rope was here.


This wall is different, and as I walk past I think,
It’s funny how absence and empty space
Can be so powerful

And evocative.



A moment of reflection, and then onward



Down two side streets now,
Then cross, turn, stop.
I lean against a tree and write a note of my own 
and leave it
For someone else to find.



Abigail was here.



Now I follow my nose 
And a scent that I can only describe as
A mix of musty paper, dried ink, and the whispers
of great thinkers.


“To reread is to live twice.”



Past a towering cathedral now,
So imposing and grand that the force of its gravity
Pulls me inside
For a quick peak.

Leaves of Grass (and an American) were here. 


Through a park,
Under an arch and to a castle,
Once again reminiscent of fairytales
And princesses.


Stork was here.



It’s a conversation, you see,
A dialogue, a story, created by my feet, my eyes, 
Julio, the stork, the grass, the books,
street artists, fairytales, memories, and bricks


Fragments gathered, pieced together into a story
all during one afternoon 
of aimless wandering.




1 comment: