Friday, January 19, 2018

Perception #1


After being here for a week, it’s interesting to realize how familiar the Plaza has become and how I don’t notice the beauty in the details anymore.  This assignment encouraged me to really notice the unique parts of Alcala.  A few things were personally interesting, such as the graffiti with my middle name, Irene.  It isn’t a common name in America, and I seldom see it.  Other things were just unique to the Spanish culture, such as the crown insignia on the lamppost.  I wasn’t sure why there seemed to be salt on the sidewalk when it in the 50 degrees.  I haven’t ever seen anyone wear a puffy vest under a blazer.  The police car serves as a barrier, but is there every day.  I wonder why they don’t build a more permanent barrier to prevent cars from driving there.  Overall, noticing the small details allowed me to notice subtle differences between my daily routine at home and my day-to-day life here in Spain.  

-Elise 





No comments:

Post a Comment