Monday, January 22, 2018

Perception 1


     

    It has been interesting to see how coming to a new place and exploring new things I have already noticed a level of comfort form on many of my explorations such as: walking down the same street each day, walking on the same side of the street, going to similar bakeries / cafes, or exploring with the same people. Although these patterns may not be bad patterns, it is always thought-provoking to break away from that comfort level and look with a different perspective. Today, instead of going down the same main shopping street I decided to go down some of the side streets. Off one of these side streets I saw an escalator which surprised me because I haven't seen any other escalator here, and when I got to the top I found a restaurant/ lounge area that I had no idea exsisted.      Along with the escalator I found an underground parking garage below the same restaurant which I found peculiar in old city like Alcala. Continuing on, I decided to walk on the opposite side of the street I would normally would and went down a side street to find a very crowded cafe, a place that may serve acai smoothies, and a Mexican restaurant(two of my favorite kinds of foods on one street!). Along with finding new places I wanted to try out, it's always refreshing to slow down and look at the small intimate details that make up the city around that you may not look twice at any other day.   



                   - First three pictures are of the escalator and the restaurant that was on top.


             
    -Stairs that lead down to the parking garage.


         
      -Side street that had the crowded cafe, Mexican restaurant, and acai smoothies.




      -These last few photos are of small details that I had not noticed before throughout the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment