Sunday, January 21, 2018

Perception #1




From bottom to the top, I went exploring one day and found the "historical district" of Alcalá which I thought was funny because the whole city is over 600 years old, but yeah. This first building is a church with a banner of Joseph, Marry, and Jesus, and just that entire building was so beautiful, the change of brick size and color, Islamic ish arches, spikes at the top and little details (forgive my architectural vocabulary), I think it's my favorite in the whole city. Next picture, near the historical district: I kept running into old pretty buildings that had little mini park areas with grass and trees and stuff but also modern art sitting on the lawn. It was a mix I hadn't really seen before (history, park, modern art) but I liked it. The next picture is this Roman fort from the 1400s apparently. It's pretty worn down, I think there are some holes from gun fire and cannon, and the storks really liked it on top. Next is a sketch of Alcalá in the 1500s or 1600s in La Casa de Cervantes. I wonder how much bigger it has gotten. You can see the mountain that we see after church in the background. Finally, some Quijote art. It's a pretty big mural and halloween ish, sorta spindly and disproportionate in a aesthetic way. There's a lot of Quijote graffiti here too, by the train station there's one with him on a motorcycle instead of a horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment