Thursday, October 17, 2013

Driving fast at night in an futuristic 1980s super car: fast lights, high speeds, squealing tires, tension, confidence and precision.

This is the feeling I got from the movie the image was taken from, "Must be the Feeling" by Nero.

http://vimeo.com/36460944
^ The awesome video

I'm attempting to do two things with this inspiration: write a song for a music class I'm taking and create album art for said song. I took an image from the video to get my color pallete:


The colors in the image are hot reds, oranges and yellows contrasted with dark blues and black. Though they're all primary colors, though they have a dark shade; they're all blended with quite a bit of black (except black of course because black is... black).

I used the colors to create the colors for the type. I think it really captured the emotion: speed, darkness, control and vintage...ness.

And..... here's the finished product:





No comments:

Post a Comment