Thursday, October 24, 2013

Keep your head up.

I chose this phrase, because it is in the chorus of my favorite song Stubborn Love by the Lumineers. I think everyone needs the reminder to keep their heads up, especially in the middle of a semester when midterms are bogging us down. I originally really liked the font that I picked for this assignment. I just chose Tahoma, because I think it is simple, yet strong. I decided to bold the text because I think people need a bold reminder, but looking back, I would change the font on the words "keep your head" to be something a little bit softer and more encouraging.

I kearned the letters for the word up to be really close together, and I kearned the letters for the first three words so that the letters weren't too close to each other. I also chose to slant the first three words at a -20 degree angle, as sometimes life can get you down, but I kept the word "up" very upright, because the straight angle describes the word. I also stretched the word "up" so that it gives the appearance of reaching up.

1 comment: