Saturday, January 9, 2016

Downtown Provo







While exploring downtown Provo, I realized that the things I had discovered accurately describe some aspects of "Provo Culture," and how we perceive Provo. Kissing Point shows Provo's infamous dating culture. The bicycle bike rack  shows Provo's efforts to stay healthy, while also showcasing a "hipster" vibe. The dolphin mural was really cool, and I was surprised I had never noticed it before. I think that it accurately represents Provo's efforts to clean up downtown and make it more artistic. The Pepsi-Cola sign I found also shows Provo's historic culture, because it looks like an old fashioned Pepsi-Cola bottle cap. Finally, the "STOP HERE, MAKE A WISH, GO AWAY AND MAKE IT HAPPEN" mark on the sidewalk was just something I found that I thought was really cute, and I think it portrays a lot of what people in Provo do. A lot of people here are really ambitious and go for what they want. All of these places I found contribute to how Provo is perceived by both its residents, and outsiders. 

No comments:

Post a Comment