Saturday, January 9, 2016

So Maybe Downtown Provo Isn't So Bad?

First, street ball. Then, street tacos. 
Find Happiness. Find Gratitude. Find Faith. 
Cue Justin Bieber's "Mistletoe".
History and church buffs unite.
Business by day, home by night.
I'll be the first to admit it - I'm a prideful east coaster who is used to Smithsonians, national monuments, diversity and culture. I will also admit that I didn't think of Provo as a vibrant and diverse place with a whole lot to explore. I will also admit that I was wrong and that downtown Provo isn't so bad. I found several places that I didn't know existed but I'd love to visit. The "Kissing Point" was quirky and it made me laugh. The charm and quirks of downtown Provo are present, but understated. While walking slowly and wanting to see something, I found there was much to be seen. Every single place made me literally stop - not just to take the picture, folks - but to actually look at it. Think about it. Want to come back. I've driven in downtown Provo hundreds of times and never seen these things - probably because I really wasn't looking.

But now I know I will, even in Provo.

No comments:

Post a Comment