Saturday, January 9, 2016

Downtown Provo - Nicolette Poulsen







I have never really walked around downtown Provo unless I was grabbing food at Guru's. I usually just drive through trying to get on to the freeway or to the mall. When I first began this project, I did not think there would be anything interesting to take pictures of. However, as I began walking I started to find things that were uniquely impressive that I never imagined seeing. As I continued walking down Center Street, I found a colored fiber glass piece of artwork on a hidden side of a building. I was intrigued by the many bright colors because they were situated in a way that formed a picture of a flower. Something else that I found interesting and somewhat hilarious was a trash can overloaded with the words on the side "give it back." This was funny to me because it just seemed that everyone was listening to the trash can by giving their trash back when in reality all they were doing was throwing away their trash. The next item I found was a sculpture made up of different metal materials from cars, light posts, etc. The sculpture was in a form of a man who was holding the American flag whose head was a street light. The interesting thing was that the light was pointed to the flag to keep it lighted at night, signifying the sculpture's character and purpose. I discovered a back entrance to Guru's and find a unique design spray painted on the back of the building. I found it neat because the two sides of Guru's are different from one another, showing possibly a different vibe for the restaurant. In a back alley, I found a window that looked antique and photogenic. Lastly, on my way back to the main street, behind Rocco's Taco Stand, there was a giant ice cube of trash. I just had to take a picture because I have never seen anything like that before. Overall, downtown Provo has a variety of things to explore and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment