Thursday, November 14, 2013

A BYU "Love Story"

For my story, I decided to tell the story of a "typical" BYU love story. Each situation is something each of us has probably experienced at one time or another, except maybe the last photo.
 

Of course, it all starts with the courage of sitting by that girl. I wanted to try and get the shot of an over-the-shoulder, fly on the wall type of photo.
In this photo, I tried to show the moment of their first meeting by having the photo being taken on an even level and having them as far apart as possible. It is the first meeting after all.

 This is the classic study date together in the Wilk with a little Youtube break. They are getting a little closer together and I like how the light shines behind them.
 No relationship is right without a classic DTR stroll in the park. I really wanted to focus on taking the picture looking up at them to get the full walking motion and I focused on the rule of thirds. I really like the setting around them and it makes the walking picture seem more realistic.
 No BYU romance is complete without a park bench cuddle session at Duck Pond... I wanted to really emphasize the view in this photo and to be up above in this photo to catch a different angle from what we have seen.
I really like how this photo turned out. I wanted to emphasize being at ground level and looking up. I wanted to do it from the side to give both sides equal room in the picture and it can't be a "BYU Love Story" without the Y in the background. I also tried to not get the ground to emphasize both "floating" because of how excited they are.

All in all, I had a fun time shooting this story and tried to think of generic dates/events that happen in BYU romances. I also tried taking the photos from all different angles and to emphasize the setting around them as well as the couple in this photo.

4 comments:

  1. The funny thing is, a proposal at BYU actually could happen this fast. Good idea considering the setting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you needed any explanation. The pictures tell the story. I think we're all familiar with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos are composed really well and are very cohesive- no commentary needed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how familiar this story is to every BYU student. Your pictures really capture the story well.

    ReplyDelete