Tuesday, November 5, 2013

shoooooes



So I decided to see the world through the eyes of.... Shoes.

Everyone's shoes tell a story. Or at least everyone has a story to tell about their shoes.

"My roomate tried to sell me these shoes for $50 because they were too big for him. When we were shooting hoops from the diving board later that day I said, 'Paul, if I make this shot will you sell em to me for $35?' Well, I did. And I bought them that day for $35."


See how the shoes fade from light to dark from front to back? The backs of the shoes have been covered up by the bottom of his pant leg for years while he's been spraying lacquer on cabinets.


"I love these boots, they're my absolute favorite. But the zippers are so loud that everyone looks at me weird."


These were my "shopping therapy" boots. I took a really hard test and then... well this is how I coped.


"I was dancing for the last hour in these boots. I think I earned some sock time."




It was really interesting to see how shoes told stories. I interviewed tons of people and they all seemed to have something to say, whether a memory or an emotion attached to their shoes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment