Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Seeing your beloved ones again.

At some point in our lives we all had to say goodbye to a friend, a place, a situation and most importantly our family. That sad moment is hard and it almost impossible not to miss them. However, the extreme happiness we experience when we see them  again goes beyond words and only a picture can tell the excitement and joy of being together. As an international student, I constantly have to say goodbye to people I care and it is not easy. For this assignment rather than taking photos a same day I pick photos from a long period of time. Those photos are treasures to me.


I really like this first photo not only by what it means to me. I light the depth, the symmetry and the sun light in the back. Also, I like how we photo capture the emotion. This is my aunt and we didn't see each other for 3 years. We only spend a couple days together but the bond was there, our feeling were there and it really made me realize that love is eternal. 


This photo is the truly represents what friendship is all about. Last year, I had the chance to visit some of my friends. I was really excited to see them and I was not expecting all of them at the train station waiting for me. One of the things I like of this photo is the asymmetrical balance. It is interesting that this concept not only applies to the photo but also to our friendship. We all are different in many ways but some how we achieve that asymmetrical balance that bonds us together.  


Even thou, you can't see our faces in this photo I feel this photo express the feeling of seeing someone again. It is simple but like the idea behind of it. Also the bilateral of symmetry. The story of this picture I want to leave you up to you.


We only reunited with friend of family we also have sweet experiences eating things from our country, our childhood or a place we visit. Food is brings emotion, joy and a lot of time is capable of comforting our souls. Saying hi again to the flavors we  grow up is one of the best things.


Finally, this photo is the expression of seeing someone again. Seeing my dad at the airport after a long time of being apart was one of the best memories I have. I love the contrast and the radial symmetry, the two of us are really connected and it seems that we become object. 

No comments:

Post a Comment