Thursday, November 14, 2013

A pig-sty turned spotless

I wish I could have captured the whole process of me cleaning my room in a six second vine! But I needed motivation to get the WHOLE thing done, so here is my documentation that I actually did it! 
Sometimes a messy room can creep up on you out of nowhere, especially when your living space is small. 
When you wake up and realize how messy you actually are, it can be overwhelming, embarrassing, and even make you want to go back to bed. 
For me, it all starts with the laundry. If my laundry is done (and put away after it is clean), usually my room stays relatively organized. 
Here is more proof that when my laundry is not only washed but put away, my room is usually fine. From this angle, you can even see the tangle of messy computer cords behind the desk. 

Once everything is picked up, the final touch is to make the bed. When a bed takes up half of your room, it makes your room like about one hundred times cleaner when the bed is actually made.
Voila! Finally done. Even the notes and photos on my bulletin board were neatened up. The straight vertical lines from the curtains, calendar, bulletin board, and desk chair somehow make it look more clean and organized that the first picture, where there were more slanted lines from the laundry basket being tipped over and clothes coming out of it. It also helps that I actually cleaned it. :)

2 comments: