Thursday, October 17, 2013

Arizona Desert



As I am going to be in Arizona for the weekend, I decided an image of the Arizona desert would be fitting.  I think it's amazing how while looking at the image itself, it may at first appear very homogenous as to its color scheme.  When a saw the color scheme that appeared with this image, I was reminded at how complex color really can be. It's incredible how many colors make up a single image.

This color scheme is based off the same color, brown.  However, by tinting the color, it adds light to the image while the darker shades bring the depth to the desert. The colors are harmonious, especially the two orange/brown colors at the far left who almost blend in to one another. 

The image I created with my colors ended up being very abstract, a piece of modern art.  I think the colors represented in the first image represent some of the most natural colors of our world, that can be used to portray all different types of feelings and emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment