Thursday, October 17, 2013

City of Angels

For years I was a fan of black, white, and red hues. Lately I have really been getting into cream tints with more of a grey tone and black shades and then adding deep purple or maroon accents. I tried to create a pallet that I thought would best reflect these colors, but I’m not very tech savvy so the colors are just a tad off what I would have liked  them to be. 



I'm not entirely sure how the colors relate specifically because they're a little close to each other in the center, but it looks to me like they're mostly harmonious and triadic, being side by side and forming a  few relative triangles.  This pallet is very toothing and comforting to me and I wanted to incorporate those positive feelings into the positive feelings I have for my favorite band and my favorite places.    
 
I know I have used a Thirty Seconds to Mars Image for an assignment in this class before, but they really inspire me and this time I decided I would create my own image that represents one of their new songs "City of Angels".

I have had a fixation with cityscapes for a little while now and my original idea was to have the purple as an outline for the buildings, but no matter what I did it looked too funky and I'm not an artist so I didn't know how to fix it. 

So I settled for making it like my own little city by adding my signature as the purple accent. This combination of the cityscape with this pallet soothes me and takes me to a place I want to be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment