Thursday, October 17, 2013

Cupcake Colors

I used a picture of some cupcakes my wife made for my last birthday to get these colors, they were Star Wars cupcakes she hand decorated. As I looked at the colors on the color wheel they were more in a triadic shape, though not perfect. They yellow color was a little off from the rest. The colors had the tendency to be more of a dark shade in their color spectrum's. The green color however was much more tinted, almost to the point of being white itself. I really like these colors, though they are more triadic, they also seem to complement each other very nicely. They seem to also be of a pastel nature as well, being a little more light and fun, not really a dark or earthy tones. They seem to be colors that would have worked well in the 1960s and 1980s. These colors seem to be coming back in trend as well now. People are looking for the earthy tones, but want splashes of color to help make things pop or standout. This is done in people’s homes and also with their clothing. Color is very interesting. It brings meaning to art. I get a happy and free feeling when I look at these colors, not because they were on cupcakes but because they have the appearance of peace and joy to me. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment