Thursday, October 17, 2013

Color Scheme

I put a painting into the Kuler theme generator and got the following scheme:


Because dance seems to always be on my brain, I decided to make a logo for a made up dance company:


I wanted to keep it simple because the best logos usually are simple so I only used three colors. I used two shades of blue from the scheme I got out of Kuler but I didn't like any of the other colors for the letters so I went out of the color scheme and picked a very light grey. The colors I picked for the dancer and background have a harmonious relationship because they are on the same side of the color wheel. I think the harmonious relationship gives the logo a sophisticated feel whereas complimentary colors would have been more fun and carefree. The use of blue creates a calming effect, making it pleasing to look at similar to how dance should be pleasing to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment