Thursday, October 17, 2013

Easter in October

I'm not going to lie, design stuff like this feels totally out of my element but I do like color.  I went onto Kuler and started with a kind of triad colors moving just over from the original primary colors of blue, red, and yellow.  To me, the more colors the better so I couldn't resist adding two more hues.  Today I was attracted to colors that were more tinted which is actually kind of unusual for me.  I usually have a mantra of the bolder the better so the hue is as rich as it can be.  When I got to my final palette:
All I could think about was Easter, which led me to this concept:
Obviously my design skills are less than even amateur but it was interesting to realize that the tint and tone of colors can really change the idea of what color connotates.  If I had shaded these colors rather than tinting them there is no way this is what would have come to mind.

1 comment: