Thursday, June 25, 2015

Creative Enough?

I can't be the only one with this problem, but I might be the only one with this solution.



I forget stuff all the time, and it tends to be the small but critically important things. Last fall semester I think I called AAA about every other week because I would run to school late, jump out of my car and leave my keys right on my seat. Or I'd get distracted and subconsciously put them down somewhere like in the cupholder or passenger seat. So I went out and made a copy of my key and picked up one of these velcro key holder patches to stick under my car. I was hesitant to stick it anywhere under my car because any stranger who has ever watched TV could get in without burning too many brain cells, so I stuck it behind my license plate. I shouldn't have been surprised when it fell off a week later, luckily not while I was driving. I tried superglue which held for about a month before it started peeling off again. I just took it off and left it in my car for several months to not risk losing it until I figured out what to do.
This morning on the way to campus, I got side-swiped by a stroke of genius halfway through a lane change. I sped the rest of the way to campus, popped off the side mirror, stuck it in the little space next to the mirror tilting mechanism, and popped the mirror back on. Now it's never gonna fall out because the mirror is snug and flush to the mirror mount, and it won't peel and fall off from weathering. Best of all, it's easy access for me, and the last place anyone would think to look. In case this tempts any of you would-be-thieves, don't bother. The key only opens the doors, it doesn't have the chip to turn the car on. The most valuable stuff you'll find in there is half a box of oreos, a couple skateboards, and about $4.20 in change.

No comments:

Post a Comment