Monday, June 29, 2015

Creativity II

I chose to think of various ways to document time. Sitting in my living room, it was a bit difficult at first to think of new or creative ways to document the passage of time (especially since I can see three different clocks from where I’m sitting). I decided on three ways. First, based on the revolutions of my oscillating fan. I have it on the lowest setting, so it isn’t moving as quickly, so I know that each revolution does signify some sort of time passage. Next, I tried to document time based on my breathing. It seems simple, but it was actually kind of difficult because I tried hard not to count as I inhaled and exhaled, and just focus on my perception of time without using numbers. Finally, I documented the passage of time based on how many people walked by my window. This was probably the most difficult. Not many people walked by, and so it made time seem to go by much more slowly than the other two methods. It was an interesting experience, but I think I’ll stick with my clock. 

1 comment:

  1. 3 very interesting approaches. I think it would help for you to visually show how you did this

    ReplyDelete