Saturday, June 27, 2015

Perception: Looking vs. Seeing

It's incredible how much we can find when we are truly seeing what is in front of us. I learned that seeing is much more that just the passive action of looking. Seeing requires concentration and connection. It involves more than what is in plain sight. As we "see" the world around us, we focus on the little things- where something came from, why it is there, and what its purpose is in relation to everything else. We ponder, reflect, wonder, and meditate. We think of the world as a drawing board, our canvas, and find the art that is placed in our path.

Some of the "beauties" of downtown Provo:

Often we see what we want to see. Obviously I was hungry.
If walls could talk...
Anyone up for a mystery?
I needed these messages today. Thank you to the kind soul who left them there.
We have all been blessed with one. Reminded me that creativity is all in my attitude.
One more just for kicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment