Monday, June 29, 2015

Perception - Take The Time To Look






I do not spend a lot of time in Provo. I work and live in the Salt Lake Valley and spend most of my time in that area. As I took the time to walk down Provo's Center Street, I realized how little I actually know about Provo. I parked across the street from Hruska's Kolaches. I decided it looked interesting so I went inside. I am glad that I did. Their Kolaches are awesome. 

When I drove into Provo, I noticed the statue in the second picture and I wanted to know what it was for. I walked back to the park and read the inscription on the bottom, discovering that it was dedicated to the pioneers of Provo. 

I have only been down Center Street a handful of times. I have never noticed the clock with the bells before. At a first glance, it doesn't appear to function, but as I continued to walk own center street, I heard the bells chime from the tower. 

I noticed the little statue placed in a flower bed on the sidewalk. I was curious what the purpose of the statue was, so I read the inscription. The piece is title "Earthmovers" and was created by Carol Jackman. The inscription reads "Tribute to the faith of children - they can do anything."

The last picture was a mural on the side of a building that I had never noticed before. The color and detail of the images caught my eye. Somebody obviously took a significant amount of time to draw this mural. 

I learned that if we take the time to look, there are beauties all around us. Sometimes it is important to take a step back, slow down, and look. We miss things everyday that could change our lives if we had simply taken the time to look.

No comments:

Post a Comment