Sunday, June 28, 2015

Perception Photos



I like to see life up close. The main thing I noticed as I was trying to get to know the details of downtown Provo was the colors. At my favorite time of day when the sun is going down it hits the mountains and the buildings just right so that everything is lit up. My perfect light only lasts about an hour or so then its gone.    

   This aspect of my creativity reminded me of the guy we saw in class who does goodbye art. Cameras can never fully represent the actual setting or capture the experience of being at a place. But they do allow you to zero in on a detail and preserve that specific point as a memory. I like the idea of trying to capture something that is temporary. Journalism gives me the tools to do that: words and art. I like learning how to put them together to tell stories as they are happening.































No comments:

Post a Comment