Monday, June 29, 2015

Creativity

I went to the airport and watched people wait for their person. I liked feeling their excitement. When their traveller arrived I liked to think about what kind of relationship they had and how long it had been since they had seen them.

There was one group of people who seemed to be waiting very anxiously. It seemed like it was a family; they were all of Latin descent and seemed to be close. They were holding a balloon that said "Welcome Home". My first thought was that they were waiting for a missionary. When their person came it was an adolescent male. I figured he may have been away at school for a long time and was coming home for break. Or maybe he had a job that required him to spend period of time away from home, such as military.

The young man smiled and hugged each member of the group. They walked away laughing. They were probably headed straight home because it was late at night--past midnight. I would have felt comfortable striking up a conversation with them and learning a bit more about their story, but I decided it would be more fun to leave it up to my creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment