Monday, June 29, 2015

Perception






I have been in this part of Provo so many times, but haven't quite
paid this much attention to the details.
For example, Center Street has so much character, provided by the small and artistic details that give the road so much personality and making it a fun place to visit. 

One thing that really stuck out to me were the small statues along Center Street.
Why have I never noticed them before? It caught me a little by surprise. 
There were two smaller statues accompanied with description plaques outside the restaurants that I had never paid attention to before.

I also began to notice the little things such as string lights that were running across the crosswalks.
Also, a few of the restaurants such as India Palace (a personal favorite) had both the American Flag as well as the flag go their country as well, which I thought was kinda cool.
There were also other details such as old-fashioned mailboxes and flower baskets all along the street, which add so much more than we probably even notice. 

It was nice to take a moment and really look at my surrounding and take everything in. I'm not realizing how much I don't do this because I'm always rushing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment