Monday, June 29, 2015

Perception

I thought this assignment was really interesting. It was a neat experience to walk around a place that I drive through so often and notice things that I always seem to overlook.

I never noticed that there's a giant blackboard on Center Street. I tried to figure out what it's set up for and still don't really know. It has a heading that says, "If I Had One Wish, I Would..." with people's responses written all over.

Center Street is lined with bike racks that are shaped like bikes. These are pretty simple features of Downtown Provo, but I thought they were a pretty cool feature that I have never seen anywhere else.

Another feature I had never noticed before is the various statues and other art pieces that are scattered throughout Downtown Provo.

At the corner of Center Street and 300 West, there's a building with a sign that says "Attorneys At Law", but if you look closely at the side of that building you'll notice this plaque. This plaque states that this site was the first location for the Brigham Young Academy, which would eventually become BYU.

I had never realized that there were these fire pits scattered along Center Street. They have a snowflake design that suggests they're mainly used during the colder, winter months.


No comments:

Post a Comment