Thursday, October 17, 2013

On the Art of Shameless Self-Promotion

Once in a while, you get a really great chance to knock out two birds with one stone. This assignment fits that bill beautifully. I happen to playing a show with my band Pändo next Saturday, so I made a mockup for a potential flyer. On Kuler, I found a "shades" color scheme, using a strong, bright red as the base color. The color scheme afforded me a good range of tints with which to build some interesting gradients for the back and front of the card.

Then, Using a 90% opaque white rectangle, I tinted the background rows of umlaut-ed A's in the background of the front of the card in order to create some interesting, energetic shapes. Then, to create a background evocative of stage curtains, I created gradients using the colors from Kuler. So, there we are. The anatomy of shameless self-promotion.


No comments:

Post a Comment