Saturday, October 25, 2014

Composition - Zoller


I used a 3x3 grid to align the elements of this composition together, drawing the reader's eye from the text to the "ghost ripple" in the background to the more abrasive, rough-looking tree spiral at the bottom left (alternatively, reading the image left to right also accomplishes the same flow of information). Asymmetry was my friend when I was playing around with the grid alignment; it was just as important to me to figure out what wasn't at the intersection of the lines as what was there. I specifically chose the white text to contrast the darkness at the other corner, and by sectioning off the more emptier space of the original photograph, I did lose some of the space I so like in the original photo, but I also kept the reader/viewer's focus on the subject of the photograph: the spinning tree branches.


No comments:

Post a Comment