Monday, October 20, 2014

Eliminate Bullying-Typography


I purposely wanted to have contrasting text size. From far away, it is much easier to read the word "bullying" but up close the word "eliminate" becomes much more readable. I decided to use track in the word "eliminate" as the ultimate message should be, "I eliminate bullying." To many times, the news focuses on the tragic stories of bullying and not enough so on how to eliminate it. Thus the biggest word is "eliminate." In terms of structure, I decided to blur the word "bullying" to give off the idea that we need to work towards its "fading away" altogether. I recognize that this is still hard to read, but I kept it that way because bullying is a very uncomfortable reality. I believing centering text has always denoted seriousness and professionalism and I decided to center the text here.

No comments:

Post a Comment