Monday, October 27, 2014

Composition/Grids




Using the rule of thirds (and the grid), I first started out the image by placing the man to the right side. I had to crop the picture in a way that moved him to the side as oppose to right in the middle. It made the picture more interesting, but out of balanced. To balance it out, I added the text. Using the grid, I positioned the text directly where two lines intersected. It helped tremendously so that you didn't feel like you were falling over. The darkness in the bottom left hand corner also brings the picture into balance as it "grounds" the picture and makes it stable. I used a simple font so that more emphasis was put into the meaning of the words instead of the words themselves. I chose white for two reasons. 1) to bring out the lightness in the picture and bring more contrast to balance and 2) because it was simple and easy to read. 


No comments:

Post a Comment