Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Fear-Composition


I actually saw this saying on a T shirt about 3 years ago. It has stuck with me ever since and has become a motto of sorts for me. I wanted an image showing a free spirited person, and I wanted something to do with balloons. This was perfect. I loved the slightly muted complimentary colors of the balloons. I decided to add a bit of a fairytale element to the image so I did a low poly composite of each balloon. I used the 3 x 3 grid matrix and tried to create balance by placing the text in the opposite cross point as the balloons. I originally had the word “fear” colored the same way as the balloons, but it became a bit too much and short changed the message. I used a Microsoft Tai Le Bold font. It was still sophisticated but more rounded than Helvetica. 

No comments:

Post a Comment