Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Creative Assignment 9- Typography-Call To Action


For this assignment, I chose to use one of my favorite quotes from The Help. The most important words in this quote are kind, smart, and important. I bolded each of these words to add more weight and emphasis to their meaning. I also warped the text on kind and smart so that they are protruding more from the picture than "you is". The "you is" is always more simple than the others words because I do not want to take away the emphasis from the key words of the quote. The font I chose for the word smart is called Chalkduster. I thought this was appropriate because to be smart you should go to school and Chalkduster sounds like chalkboard, which is where I learned most of the basics in elementary school on the chalkboard. I chose to keep the colors simple by using only black. The message is already very basic because it uses "you is" (which is not grammatically correct) since they are speaking to a child. The color black does not distract from the message. The typography helps present the most important parts of the quote and keeps it basic for kids to understand and understand what they should learn from it.



No comments:

Post a Comment