Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Not Helvetica

This call to action is a combination of two different fonts that I found online. I used these two fonts because I think they do a great job of showing the ideas of the actual quote. The script font gives a friendly, helpful tone to the piece which is an overarching theme of the quote (that God can and will help us in our righteous endeavors) while I used the other font to write "work" and "God."I think this gives the feeling that what is being said in the quote isn't going to be just a walk in the park but is going to take work and effort. I think this feeling comes from the sharper edges and rugged feel of the font.

I altered the line spacing to try and give the lines good balance. I made "work" and "God" bigger, bolder, and used a more rugged font. I did a baseline shift on "God" to center it between the two words on the side of it, and I used kerning on a few spaces to give everything more balance.

I used an image that I think played well with the tone of the quote. The wood to signify work.

No comments:

Post a Comment