Monday, October 20, 2014

Okay, this was fun to create. I enjoy reading fantasy novels as a way to escape the pressures of every day life. I chose copperplate Gothic bold for the font on "Escape Your World" because I thought it sent a bold and powerful invitation. I intentionally put the word "your" on the hammer so that the readers would think of the hammer as their own, and possibly a weapon to break their way out of the world they live in. I wanted escape and world to be scrunched up on either side of the hammer to put the focus on the hammer and the word "your." I put the word "world" next to the hammer with the space between the letters small so it would feel as if you could easily smash it with the hammer and escape. I chose a more fanciful font for "Read Fantasy" because I wanted to capture the imaginative side of fantasy that is evident in this image. Fantasy is about sparking your imagination and I felt Vivaldi and the lighter color text accomplished that. I also wanted to associate that phrase with the fire in this image, like the fire of imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment