Monday, October 20, 2014

typography

So I decided to take Cutri's advice and do something simple. There is very little to the quote, but the way that the words are positioned or colored says a lot. I chose the font that I did because it was simple, yet attention-catching. It's bold and gives a sense of power and authority. It is a font associated with the military.
I moved the "up" up to give it a more literal sense and I colored it red because it really is the most important word in the phrase. Without getting up, you won't be able to move forward. That leads to why I used kerning in the word "move". You can move while sitting, standing, laying down; but you can't move forward while doing those things. I wanted to get across that the move meant more than just wiggling your toe; it meant getting up and progressing forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment