Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Aimlessly Running

I run several times a week, when I run outside I always run the same route, the same speed and the same distance. This morning I decided to try something new, I just ran. I didn't keep track of my distance or my pace and I didn't run my route, I just ran. At everyone turn I just let my legs take me one way or the other, I even tried running really fast for a little bit and than slower. This run felt amazing, I ended up running to a park in provo that I had never ran to before and it was beautiful. I sat down on the grass for a minute and marveled at how easy this run had been for me. When I was running aimlessly with no direction or destination my mind wandered and I thought about things I had never considered during my normal runs when all I can think of is how tired I am. This morning I barely even noticed I was running. After this assignment, I think I will try running aimlessly more often, because one things for sure, it makes running easier and more enjoyable which is hard to do.

1 comment:

  1. You're right. Running to new places makes the actual activity so much more enjoyable. Although, I still don't enjoy running.

    ReplyDelete