Monday, September 22, 2014

Time Observation

Currently I am lying on my bed, attempting to get homework done and waiting for the oven to heat up so I can throw my pizza in. As I sit and wait, and wait and wait and wait I realized there are so many other ways to count the passage of time.

Let's begin with my growling stomach....  I could count how much time is left on the oven based on the frequency, and consistency, of my stomach pains.

Or the spinning of the fan on the ceiling. Every ten spins counts for something. I can even combine it with my stomach growl. 10 spins in and my stomach cries in agony.. Another 10 spins, another reminder I need food before I die.

And then I can incorporate my music I've got blaring on my computer speakers. Every song, I realize, marks another passage of time. Three songs in and my pizza still isn't ready.

This would be extremely painful, and ultimately unrealistic, but what if we counted time based on the amount of times we blink? That would be hard, considering it's a natural movement and we hardly notice it at all... AND we do it way too many times to count. That would be a headache. But kind of cool at the same time? Yeah, maybe no.

Now I'm considering documenting the passage of time based on how long it takes me to write a sentence for this thing. Considering it's been a whole 10 minutes, I don't think I'm doing so bad.

Welp, that's all. The end.

2 comments: