Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Bull of Wall Street Assignment

Semiotics Assignment 1:

What is the signifier? The signifier is the Bull known as the bull of Wall street.

What does it signify? The bull signifies strength, wealth and power. The bull symbolizes the power that the stock market has and how it is ready to attack whatever comes its way.

What specifically supports your analyses? The bull is made out of bronze which not only represents money and wealth but it is what weapons of war were made out of. This portrays to me that the stock market and business in the financial capital of the world is like going to war and that America is dominate in the fight. A bull is always strong and pushing forward, I think this symbolizes that we too must constantly push forward. Finally, I believe the position the bull is in one of control. I would not dare cross that bull and I believe that it what the sculptor was saying about Wall Street, that Wall Street controls much of America and its wealth.


1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I wouldn't want to cross it either. Pretty intimidating.

    ReplyDelete