Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Wandering aimlessly around the Costco parking lot

Yesterday I took a trip to Costco, one of my favorite stores. I only bought a couple things so I carried them out of the store and left my cart behind. Once I got out into the parking lot I couldn't remember where I parked my car. I walked around the parking lot for what felt like a life time searching desperately for my car as I carried two loaves of bread and some lettuce. I finally had to stop to try and remember my surroundings when I had initially parked. I could only remember one detail; the big white suburban next to me was parked crooked. I had no where I needed to be, so I figured I would walk around aimlessly until I stumbled upon my car. I searched and searched for the crooked white suburban, but to no avail. I was getting frustrated as I wandered aimlessly around the Costco parking lot, feeling like I was waisting time. But then all of a sudden with a blink of an eye, there was my car! Right where I had left it. The crooked white suburban was gone, but I realized something as I walked around carring my groceries. Being lost is kind of fun, even when your destination is right in front of you.

1 comment: