Monday, September 22, 2014

Thought Experiment- Elisabeth-Anne Ashby

Thought Experiment:

  • What if the "snap, crack, pop" from rice krispies is really the cereal screaming at us not to eat it?
  • What if fear was a real person and when some people have a panic attack (where they can't breathe) it is fear choking them?
  • What if children really do see monsters at night, but the monsters are afraid of parents and run away?
  • What if the guy I have a crush on is actually a super-villian in real life?
  • What if TVs were made up of really little fireflies?
  • What if life really was like the movies? What would my life be? A comedy, a drama, a mystery?
  • What if I could reach into my own body and pull out my organs? What would I see?
  • What if trees had their own sense of fashion and fads?
  • What if you exist in different alternate universes and when you dream, you are seeing your other selfs?
  • What if dogs are secretly trying to take over the world and they are doing it by being your best friend?
  • What if dogs are being "man's best friend" because cats have a bet that the dogs can't do it forever?
  • What if there was an invisible person that borrows your stuff and puts it back in the wrong place? That is why we misplace things all the time. 
  • What if there is a crack in reality that is just the right size for socks and that's why we always have mismatching pairs?
I had a lot of fun making this list. At first it was hard, because I didn't want to go too crazy. However, once I stopped caring, I could think of a bunch. I also think it would have been easier if I was in a more active environment (like a park or somewhere outside), because just sitting in my quiet apartment was not helping to stimulate my mind and get it going.

I would also like to add as a note that the TV show "Doctor Who" has these experiments down as an art. Constantly, they are writing episodes that answer these sorts of questions and they are simply mind blowing. My favorite so far is: Why do we talk out loud when we are by ourselves? What if we subconsciously know that we are not actually alone and we are talking to it?

2 comments: